Kathy Erteman studio news




Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring is Here!





















 














Spring greetings  to you ! 
I made the big move from 18th Street on a snowy day in mid January and am just now resurfacing after a very long winter getting settled. My new home and studio are in Stoneridge, New York in the Hudson Valley. There  is  a vibrant  creative community tucked in and around the nearby villages and towns from New Paltz to Woodstock.














During this endless winter I have been unpacking, organizing, and shoveling snow!
My cats miss their window perch atop the radiator with 18th Street bustling below but we are all adjusting well to our new life.

When the snow melts later this spring I will build a new studio on the property with  lots of light and space. My phone number and email will remain the same once the new studio is completed I invite you to visit by appointment.
In the mean time my small warm studio is functional and I am back to work!
The first piece completed here is  a wall installation for the public space in a new Gensler building in Houston Texas. 



This month my  work will be included in  a three person  at Santa Fe Clay, show opening April 17. 
I am pleased to be in the company of talented colleagues Lauren Mabry and Giselle Hicks in this beautiful space. 
If you are in the area please come by for the opening on April 17,  5-7.



















Thanks to everyone who came to the studio  sale in December to say goodbye.
 I quietly opened  an online shop after the sale for those who could not attend in person. I'm glad  that so many of you found it !  There are still a few pieces available now and I will post new functional pots again in May with an announcement  in advance.

Kathy Erteman Ceramics Shop Online 

Happy Spring and keep in touch!

Kathy